Friday 8 March 2013

Lovin' Navy Blue

Gosh, where have I been to miss such an awesome color as navy blue? I love the crisp-ness of it!

I have a few partial layouts hanging around and the Amber 2 scrapbook steals sketch was one of those.  I have been in love with Stampin' Up's (SU) new "Sent With Love" paper so I grabbed that as well as some textured white SU paper. Oh and I stared at that sketch knowing exactly what pictures I wanted to use. My daughter is stunning in these pictures so I wanted it to be all about her and her innocence.

You'll notice that this layout is all Stampin' Up products except for the cardstock stickers (both Jillibean soup).  To create some dimension I punched out some vellum hearts and doodled with my white signo white pen around the edges of the hearts. I added some pearls, as well as the doily. You'll also notice that I often don't smooth out my letter stickers.  I often let them just "lazily" stick off the page. I love that look but I know when I put the page in the page protectors they will stick on. :)  But it turns out that I haven't put a page in an album for years... (quite a daunting feat and quite stressful so I avoid it all together).

To create the circle, I first used the crumb cake marker and traced it in a semi-circle (my photos were already taped down. I didn't like just that so I took shimmer paint and dropped some re-inker in it. I then used a q-tip to spread it along the page.I then realized there was two boys' birthdays coming up over the weekend so I grabbed the "Goal" Stamp set that was laying on top of my stamp set piles as it was recently was used my a friend.  I then grabbed an old Stampin' Up paper pack called Night and Day (Retired).  Oh what nice navy color has Night of Navy.  Since I like to use up all my scraps and play around with things.  I came up with three cards. Scrapbooksteals.com has a weekly challenge each week called the Monday Craft Madness challenge.  This week it was "Stamp It" so I decide to include this as part of this challenge. You have until the end of the month to complete this challenge.

You'll notice on a couple of these cards there's a shade of blue.  Its simply the night of navy ink smeared on the card using the sponges (its not bashful blue... I am not the best at adhering to my own rules!). There's also some doodling on the pages with white signo pen, as well as just the basic black journaling pen (scribbles).


 Not wanting to stop there I thought I would play along with my local scrapbooking store's weekly challenge - use ribbon or lace. I saw a lady from Stampin' Up do something similar with the Stampin' Up trim using the dress form framelits (a must-have that I have not yet ordered!!) but I sadly don't remember her name. My inspiration for the trim dress comes from her. Instead I used a stamp set, as well as the labels framelits. Again, I used night of navy cardstock.  The pearls added some gorgeous bling.

Also, Stampin' Up is offering a monthly kit that you can subscribe to. It's only $25 including shipping (but not taxes) and includes absolutely everything n eeded for a particular project.  So its fantastic for both beginners and "oldies". Check it out by clicking the icon below!

It's bed time! Good night!
Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment