Monday 10 December 2012

Jade 1

Hi all!!

Looks like I am going to get a third layout done in December!! With only an hour I was surprised with how quickly it came together. The lighting on this page was pretty bad so I may retake this in the natural light.  This layout has been a long time coming - I have a big pile of Princess J's "artwork" and I have no idea what to do with it. You probably can't tell but this layout is built on a large "pocket" so that I can put in some of her drawings. This is in line with the title and the journalling.

Supplies used: SU tempting turquoise DSP, SU whisper white 12x12, Heidi Kress "In this House" paper, Bo Bunny noteworthy die cuts, SU paper piercing mat, Tim Holtz vinage photo distress ink, October Afternoon 'carbon copy' sprinklers, SC mask, AC thickers, Authentiqe 'Carefree Elements', BG woolies felt stickers.
 
Here's the sketch that it is based on (Jade 1B).  Unfortunately since I like to do things last minute, there's little time to get in on the action for the weekly prize but you can still do this layout and try for the big series challenge. Check out this link for more details:
 
You'll notice a few things on this layout besides for the 'hidden pocket'. The journalling surrounds the picture - Like previous posts, I have to stress the journalling.  Its exactly what future generations will be looking for.  Get into the details.  On this layout the journalling says "We spend many minutes in day painting. We are still working on painting between the lines but we always have fun. Usually you mix all the colors together to create a colorful masterpiece. We also draw a lot of circles, snakes and birds." I've got to get the exact date on this as well as her name.  I plan to write this on the top left corner.
 
Don't be afraid to play around with the title.  I had some great fun mixing and matching and even ad a dab of 'splatter' on the '8'.
 
And finally, I intended to sew the pocket on but I have yet to set up my machine. As a result I did some fake stitching and I'll have it in my pile of "to stitch" later. I really hope that I get this set up over the holidays.
 
Have a wonderful day!!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment