Monday 3 December 2012

Coral 10 scrapbook steals

It felt good to get some inspiration from scrapbooksteals.com this week.  I had yet to complete a scrapbook layout since the little newborn arrived... and with so many pictures left to be scrapped and so many new memories coming up, it was good to get my groove back.  Although it shall be short lived as I have a few more tag orders, some work for table numbers, etc for a Christmas party and I have birth announcements and Christmas cards to do! Wowzers!!  Not sure it will quite be reality to get it all done.  Regardless, here's my take on the sketch:

Supplies Used: Stampin Up 'Tea Time' Simply Scrappin Kit (retired), SU vintage faceted buttons, SU linen thread, SU baker's twine, SU Victorian trim, SU pink pirouette ribbon, SU PS. I Love you stamp set, SU Hand Penned Holidays stamp set, vellum, SU basic pearls, dried leaves, SU twitterpated buttons, bashful Blue, crumb cake inks.

Here's the sketch:
This challenge is now closed and its the end of a 10 week series of challenges.  Which means that I highly encourage you to start up with the new series next week.  Sketches are released on the www.scrapbooksteals.com blog every Wednesday!!

In this sketch, you'll see that I have a journalling card underneath.  See below for more details. 

I cannot stress the importance of journalling and really getting those memories down on paper.  Its what melts my heart when I look through my children's albums. A couple weeks ago, I wrote a letter to both my children talking about the day my newborn son was born.  I wrote to him about how I felt when he came into this world. But I also wrote a letter to my daughter about how special she is and her reaction to her little brother.  I'll eventually put these in pages.  But I can guarantee you that these letters will be cherished for years to come. :)


Have a great night!
Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment