Wednesday 12 December 2012

cards, cards, cards!

As most of us are in Christmas mode, its no different at my house!  I cannot believe that we are nearing the 'teens' of December.  The truth is that I had about 10 Christmas cards done up to today... yikes!

This is only the second Christmas that I have actually made my cards as this card making obsession only started a short while ago.  Last year, I largely did a couple of the same cards and reproduced that. But I am realizing that I love the creating  so I am doing a couple cards and changing it up a little bit at a time to keep it merry & jolly! LOL

I have about 50 to 60 people on my list for cards. Next year I vow to fix up my list... perhaps electronic... :) But I am going to take Sara Strickland's advice from her blog today and do about 10 cards a month so that by the time December rolls around you can still have fun with creating cards but not have the stress. Check out her blog here.

First on my list was 'casing' a card made by some friends in my scrapbooking circles named Natasha Connelly and Rhea Somorowki. It's likely that they cased from somebody else. Of course, these are changed to accomodate my taste.  I loved the embossing look.. and went with my 'go to' white on white trend.
Supplies Used (All Stampin Up products):
Card 1 - perfect polka dots embossing folder, snowflake punch, Christmas Greetings stamp set, basic pearls rhinestones, pop dots, crumb cake cardstock, early espresso cardstock, red glimmer paper, and cherry cobbler baker's twine.

Card 2 - perfect polka dots embossing folder, snowflake punch, Christmas Greetings stamp set, basic pearls rhinestones, pop dots, whisper white cardstock, island indigo cardstock, silver glimmer paper, and island indigo baker's twine.
Supplies used (All Stampin Up): Evergreen stamp set, Christmas Greetings stamp set, cherry cobbler baker's twine, Snow Festival DSP, merry mini punches (star), cherry cobbler card stock, lucky limade ink, cherry cobbler ink, crumb cake card stock and whisper white card stock.
 
After a couple of cards, I realized that I needed to make a sympathy card for my brother's girlfriend.  Her father passed away and its been a rough week. My heart goes out to her and her family. This image was created by inking my acrylic block in ink. I then used a retired stamp set for the flowers.

Supplies used (All Stampin' up): Petite pairs stamp set, acrylic block, lucky limeade ink, painted prints (retired stamp set), basic black card stock, lucky limade card stock, very vanilla cardstock, basic black ink and soft suede ink. 
 
And finally, I'd like to share the table numbers I did over the weekend for my family's business Christmas party.  Instead of table numbers, each location had a couple tables. I have a set of holders but I added the wired ribbon from Costco for a bit of pizazzzzz.  I used the Stampin' Up window framelit to create the shape and also the paper piercing mat to get the stitched detail.
 
Supplies used (All Stampin Up): Lucky limeade cardstock, silver glimmer paper, merry mini punch pack (star), Evergreen stamp set, illuminate ink, basic pearls, retired Christmas paper, paper piercing mats, and whisper white paper.
 
Did I mention that I am just loving Christmas? Being home with two kids and my husband has its ups and downs but I can honestly say that I have never done so many Christmas activities. I am trying to take a moment at each between the hustle and bustle to enjoy.And so far, I think I have done so. I just wish that I would take some initiative to sstart document some of the moments so that when I finally scrap them, I won't forget the feelings I had.
 
Have a wonderful holiday!! Tomorrow is my birthday... and I get to have most of te day in my scrap room!! Well, I can choose to spend it how I like.  Its great and I am really excited. :)
 
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Love the white on white - very classy! And thanks for linking back to me! :)
    My heart goes out to your brother's girlfriend and her family - never an easy thing to get through and the Christmas season just makes it worse. :(

    ReplyDelete