Monday 24 September 2012

Coral 1: Scrapbooksteals.com

Just fresh back from a scrapbook retreat in Springdale!! It was a fabulous weekend with some great talent and new friends!!! Hopefully I'll be able to attend in the Spring as well.

I am feeling under the weather so this is going to be short - I had it on my list to complete the first layout of the new Mid Week Mojo series at www.scrapbooksteals.com .  Their blog has lots of project inspiration and ideas so I strongly recommend it.  I love to do the challenges because it gives me the flexibility to use any brand product in my stash!!

This 10 week series is titled as 'Coral' and for some reason I couldn't get the photos to download so I don't have the picture of the sketch. I am thinking my Internet is to blame but you never know.  If you'd like to give it a shot, week 1 is located here: http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/2012/09/19/heidi-swapp-sugar-chic-mid-week-mojo/

However, you only have until 12pm MST tonight to get this completed to be eligible in the random draw. You can still be eligible for the final random draw should you complete all ten weeks of the Coral series. Stay tuned to Weds when they will release Week 2 of the Coral series.

Here's the layout I did - I must say, I fell in love with the Little Yellow Bicycle 'Tiny Princess' Collection. I then tied it into the Little Yellow Bicycle 'Baby Safari'.  This layout was on the quick side but it took me awhile to be happy with it.  I topped it off with some Dear Lizzy green thickers and some Stampin Up pearls. I am still thinking about doing some more journalling but I am not sure how I will place that at the moment.


You'll see more of my retreat creations over the next week or so, as a handful of them are inspired to participate in many challenges so stay tuned!!

That's all I have for the moment.  Until tomorrow! Cheers!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment